2. Flaxseeds help to improve digestive health
Flaxseeds are also an excellent source of dietary fiber, and rich in omega-3s as well, providing the same benefits for digestive health as chia seeds do. Flaxseed is also a great source of lignans, plant compounds that have been shown to inhibit the growth of colon tumor cells.
What to do:
• Keep flaxseeds in the refrigerator as they can go rancid very quickly.
• Before eating flaxseeds, grind them lightly to remove the hard hulls.
• Sprinkle a tablespoon of flaxseeds onto yogurt for a nutty texture and flavor.
• The nutty flavor of flaxseed is a perfect addition to your morning oatmeal.
• Ground flaxseed can be used in pancakes, muffins, bread and other baked foods.
Want to use our images on your site? Right click on image for embed code