3. Papaya helps to improve digestive health
Papaya helps with the digestion of nutrients, especially for the digestion of protein. Papaya contains a digestive enzyme known as papain, which is often used in digestive enzyme supplements that support the health of the digestive system. Papain is also used to treat digestive conditions, such as chronic diarrhea and indigestion.
Papaya is a good source of dietary fiber and is also an excellent source of phytonutrients.
What to do:
• Papaya is delicious on its own or drizzled with a bit of lemon or lime juice.
• Mash some papaya into plain Greek yogurt for natural sweetness and flavor.
• Add some papaya cubes to your morning oatmeal for a splash of color and tropical flavor.
• The thick, creamy texture of papaya is great for smoothies and can also be mixed with other fruit.
• Papaya can also be used in baking recipes such as papaya bread and breakfast muffins.