Are chest exercises part of your fitness routine? Many women have specific training goals, a smaller waist, a shapely butt and firm arms and thighs, but very few women train the chest. Training your pectorals, the muscles of the chest under your breasts, will help lift and tighten your breasts, increase your chest circumference while also strengthening and toning your arms and shoulders as well as improving your posture. A larger chest will also make your waist appear smaller in comparison.
Before you start the exercises
- Always warm up and stretch prior to exercising.
- Spend 3-5 minutes getting your body physically as well as mentally prepared for your workout. Warming up properly will make your training more effective and reduce injury risk.
- Perform the exercises slowly and with correct form, never use weights that you can’t control.
- If an exercise requires weights, choose dumbbells over a barbell as they promote a deeper stretch and require the use of the core muscles to help stabilize your body with a weight held in each of your hands.
1. Push Ups are one of the best chest exercises for women
These focus on the chest while working the entire upper body as well as the shoulders and triceps, the muscles on the backs of your arms. If you are beginner, you can perform the push ups kneeling then advance as your strength increases.
Want to use our images on your site? Right click on image for embed code