Hormone therapy can help you continue to do the things you love in life as you grow older.
Hormones are the driving force behind your body’s bio-mechanical factory. Hormones are responsible for the stimulation or regulation of just about every bodily process you can think of, from growth, to digestion, to sexual well-being.
Hormone levels must be maintained in a delicate balance for peak performance. Too much of a given hormone can cause problems, just as too little. Thankfully, most of us will never really experience some of the severe diseases or syndromes that can occur from the over-production of certain hormones, but all of us will experience to some degree, the problems related to the hormone decline that naturally occurs as we age.
The production of all hormones decline as we age, but the decreases that affect us the most are the loss of thyroid hormones, Human Growth Hormone, or HGH, and the sex hormones; testosterone for men, or estrogen for women.
Here are 10 ways that replacing these critical hormones via bioidentical hormone therapy (BHRT) as you age, can improve your quality of life.
- Maintaining weight and proper body mass – It probably comes as no surprise to many that the older you get, the easier it is to put on weight, and the harder it is to take it off. Body fat, or BMI, Body Mass Index, is largely regulated by hormones. As hormone levels decline, particularly thyroid, HGH, and testosterone in both men and women, the body tends to store more fat, and build less lean muscle.
- Bone Density – Declining hormones, particularly HGH, can lead to brittle bones, or osteoporosis in both men and women. The lack of estrogen in post-menopausal women, and of testosterone in men, also leads to bone loss.
- Energy and Vitality – Declining levels of HGH, Thyroid hormone, and the sex hormones, all lead to loss of energy.Increasing your level of any or all of them, improves vitality.
- Night Sweats and Hot Flashes (Women only) – Hormone Replacement Therapy, or HRT, is still the best treatment available for the most debilitating symptoms of menopause, such as night sweats, hot flashes and mood swings.
- Erectile Dysfunction – (Men only) – For men, testosterone optimization can help improve erectile dysfunction, and/or other sexual wellness issues such as premature ejaculation.
- Improved Libido – BHRT for both men and women can improve libido or sex drive.
- Cognition – BHRT in both men and women improves cognition, aids memory, and clears up feelings of “brain fog” that often occur as you age.
- Emotional well-being – Both men and women are more prone to depression, anxiety, and mood swings as they get older, and both can use hormone therapy to return to a more even keel.
- Healthy Skin – One of the surest, and least desirable “side effects” of growing older, particularly for women, is the appearance of aging, wrinkled skin. Hormone replacement, particularly estrogen in women, leads to healthier more youthful skin. This is why many high-end wrinkle creams and beauty products for women contain estrogen.
- Anti-inflammatory – BHRT, particularly testosterone optimization, has an anti-inflammatory effect. This can improve joint health and back pain. In addition, contrary to what you may have heard, hormone therapy DOES NOT increase the risk of heart attack or cancer. In fact, hormone therapy has been shown to LOWER the risk of cardiovascular disease and certain cancers, and this anti-inflammatory effect may be part of the reason why.
Hormone therapy doesn’t have to be expensive to be effective. A higher cost doesn’t necessarily mean a better service or results. Programs such as Cenegenics® are known to be costly but there are affordable Cenegenics® alternatives available that can improve quality of life immensely.
The benefits of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy do not stop at 10. Hormones are literally responsible for hundreds of processes throughout our bodies, and there are hundreds of good reasons that HRT can help you live your life to its fullest!
Want to use our images on your site? Right click on image for embed code