- 2.5-lb ankle weights (optional, but recommended)
- Gymboss Interval Timer
- Exercise mat
I’ll explain all the exercises in detail, but first, here’s the structure of the workout:
- 1-min Sumo Squat Jumps with Alternating Leg Lifts –> do as many as you can in 1 minute
- 3 rounds of 5 glute exercises on the right (no rest between exercises or rounds) –> set an interval timer for 15 rounds of 45 seconds of work (0 seconds of rest)
- 1-min rest
- 3 rounds of 5 glute exercises on the left (no rest between exercises or rounds) –> set an interval timer for 15 rounds of 45 seconds of work (0 seconds of rest)
- 1-min Sumo Squat Jumps with Alternating Leg Lifts –> do as many as you can in 1 minute)
ONE-MINUTE BURN BLAST
- Sumo Squat Jumps with Alternating Leg Lifts: Legs wide apart in a deep squat position (the sumo wrestler stance), do a jump squat, land back in starting position, then lift left leg straight out to the side, keeping right leg bent. Jump squat again and repeat with the right leg.
GLUTES CIRCUIT (LEFT SIDE)
Do each exercise for 45 seconds before moving right into the next. Go through three times.
- Donkey Half-Kicks: Start on all fours. Keeping your right foot flexed, kick your heel up towards the sky. Your knee will remain (at least partially) bent throughout the movement. Bring knee back down only as far as is level with your body before thrusting that heel back up.
- Fire Hydrants: Start on all fours. Keeping right leg in that 90-degree angle, lift knee out and up in a wing motion (like a dog lifting to take a pee). Bring it back in close to the starting position, but never resting knee back on floor.
- Kick-Ups: Start on all fours. Hold right leg straight out behind you. Lift it up (keeping it straight) as high as you can go, squeezing your butt as you do. Lower, but never rest foot on ground.
Modification: A little arching of the back during these is normal, but if you find your lower back sagging with each kick, you have the option of coming onto your forearms. You’ll find you get a larger range of motion without the stress on your lower back.
- Laying Leg Circles: Lay on your left side, body and legs in a straight line, propping your head up on wrist or laying it down on an outstretched left arm. Lift right leg straight up and, keeping it off the ground the entire time, make small, controlled circles with your foot, squeezing your glutes throughout the movement. About halfway though, switch directions.
- One-Leg Bridge Hip Thrusters: Start in a bridge position, hips lifted off the floor so that body is in a straight incline, knees bent. Lift left leg straight up into the air so that it’s perpendicular to the ground. Holding it there throughout the exercise, lower your hips until your butt is just hovering above the ground, and then engage that right glute, pushing through that right side to lift hips back up into starting position. Continue to lift and lower.
REST ONE MINUTE
GLUTES CIRCUIT (RIGHT SIDE)
- Donkey Half-Kicks
- Fire Hydrants
- Laying Leg Circles
- One-Leg Bridge Hip Thrusters
ONE-MINUTE BURN BLAST
- Sumo Squat Jumps with Alternating Leg Lifts
Via: Pumps & Iron