10. Kissing is a proven coping strategy for stress
While hugging is an expression of love, kissing is both love and romance. There are several ways it reduces stress. These include:
- Kissing activates the release of a range of hormones that include oxytocin and dopamine. These support a positive mental attitude and improved immunity – all good for stress reduction.
- A reduction in the mental ‘noise’ contributing to stress.
- The feel good effect of kissing lowers cortisol levels
- The adrenal rash associated with kissing makes your heart pump more strongly.
- Normal cortisol level is associated with a normal blood pressure level.
- It is good facial exercise. Up to 30 facial muscles are involved in kissing
- It promotes self-worth and esteem. It makes you feel wanted and loved.
What to do: So long as you are kissing the right person and the action is genuinely reciprocated, then the associated benefits are many.
Want to use our images on your site? Right click on image for embed code