10. Kissing is a proven coping strategy for stress
While hugging is an expression of love, kissing is both love and romance. There are several ways it reduces stress. These include:
- Kissing activates the release of a range of hormones that include oxytocin and dopamine. These support a positive mental attitude and improved immunity – all good for stress reduction.
- A reduction in the mental ‘noise’ contributing to stress.
- The feel good effect of kissing lowers cortisol levels
- The adrenal rash associated with kissing makes your heart pump more strongly.
- Normal cortisol level is associated with a normal blood pressure level.
- It is good facial exercise. Up to 30 facial muscles are involved in kissing
- It promotes self-worth and esteem. It makes you feel wanted and loved.
Want to use our images on your site? Right click on image for embed code