3. Sleeping the right amount is a proven coping strategy for stress
Persistent inadequate sleep leads to sustained cortisol levels. This hormone is associated with stress and that’s why it is referred to as the stress hormone. If the situation is not corrected in time, both the risk of physical and mental health issues will be increased. How much is enough sleep? About 8 hours is taken to be a normal range for adults.
- Try to sleep at the same time daily
- Avoid stimulants such as coffee before sleep or late in the afternoon.
- Keep physically active
- Avoid visually stimulating movies/T.V shows before bed.
- Keep a cooled bedroom with dimmed lights
Want to use our images on your site? Right click on image for embed code