A workout like this; full of high reps and zero rest time, should be done with a lighter weight. An 8lb medicine ball is used for this workout, but you can use a dumbbell or just your own body weight if you prefer.
The reps are high and rest is low, therefore this workout will increase your heart rate and make you sweat! Stick to a weight that you’ll be able to get through all the reps without resting. It’s OK to stop and take a quick sip of water between exercises of course, but during each 100 rep round, push as hard as you can to get to 100 reps without stopping. You might have to really use your mind power for this workout, especially for the single leg glute bridges!!
- Exercise Mat
- Medicine Ball
Complete the following reps for each exercise without any rest between exercises.
100 SINGLE LEG STIFF LEG DEADLIFTS (per side)
100 SINGLE LEG GLUTE BRIDGES (per side)
100 CURTSY LUNGES & LEG LIFT (per side)
100 REVERSE LUNGES (per side)
200 FRONT SQUATS
SINGLE LEG STIFF LEG DEADLIFT
- Keep your back straight and abdominals engaged throughout this entire exercise.
- Squeeze your glute muscle as you move and keep tempo slow like: 4-0-3-0.
SINGLE LEG GLUTE BRIDGE
- Use your glutes to push your hips high up off the floor.
- Keep your heel pointed towards the ceiling to help engage your glutes more.
- Breathe out as you lift your glutes off the floor.
CURTSY LUNGES & LEG LIFT
- Keep your abdominals engaged to help maintain balance.
- When lifting your leg, lean slightly towards the opposite side.
- Hold the medicine ball directly over your head
- Keep your abdominals engaged throughout the exercise
- Keep your back straight, and keep looking forward
- Bend your back knee to a 90 degree, so it is almost touching the floor.
- Hold the medicine ball directly in front of your chest with both hands.
- Push your hips back, bending your knees to a 90 degree.
- Keep your abdominals engaged and use your glutes and thighs to push yourself back into the standing position.
Via: Lushious Lifts
Want to use our images on your site? Right click on image for embed code