2. Seated Forward Fold or Paschimottanasana:
Seated forward fold is another great yoga pose to relieve anxiety and panic attacks. It stretches the back, calves, and hamstrings. The pose gets its Sanskrit name from the words paschima (meaning west or back) and uttana (meaning intense stretch or straight). Regularly practicing this pose will relieve stress, anxiety and mild depression along with mild back pain.
How to Do Paschimottanasana:
- Place your arms straight out to the side and up over your head pointing toward the ceiling.
- Stretch the torso towards the legs as you inhale.
- Come forward, hinging at your hips as you exhale.
- Reach the hands to the toes, feet or ankles.
- Stay in this position for 10 seconds.
- Get into starting position by rolling up the spine.
Want to use our images on your site? Right click on image for embed code