What you’ll need
- Chair – A sturdy table chair
- Gymboss Interval Timer
Set your timer for 2 intervals; 45 seconds work; 15 seconds rest. Total of 16 rounds.
Complete the following exercises in the exact order for each 45 second interval.
Always complete all reps on one leg (per 45 second interval)
(the picture states alternating lunges, but it’s much easier to do them all on one leg then move to the opposite leg)
- Step up & knee tuck
- Knee tuck and leg lift
- Elevated leg lifts
- Alternating lunges
The exercises explained:
STEP UP AND KNEE UP: Begin standing next to the chair, step one leg up onto the chair and bring your opposite leg up and bend your knee into your chest. Keep your core really tight and do your reps nice and slow. Squeeze your glutes as you’re pushing yourself upwards.
KNEE TUCK AND LEG LIFT: Place your palms on the floor in front of the chair and place your toes on the chair. Hold yourself in a high plank position and keep your core tight. Using one leg at a time, bend your knee into your chest and kick it back and upwards as you squeeze your glutes.
ELEVATED LEG LIFTS: Lay supine on the floor with your heels on the chair and your hips elevated. This is your starting position. Using one leg at a time, lift your leg into the air, bringing your toes to the ceiling.
ALTERNATING LUNGES: Stand in front of the chair, bring one foot backwards placing it on the chair. Keep a slight bend in your back knee. This is your starting position. From here, bend both knees, lowering yourself into a lunge position. Continue all reps on one leg before moving to the opposite leg.
- Compact interval timer times one or two intervals between two seconds and 99 minutes. Built-in Stopwatch and Clock feature.
- Auto mode keeps repeating through intervals up to 99 repeats. Chime and vibration interval notification; alarm duration can be set for...
- Increased water resistance makes this ideal for outdoor actives where the timer may be exposed to moisture, such as rain. Sweat and...
- Has a very loud beep, which makes it perfect for group classes or outdoor use. The beep can be made dimmer, or silenced altogether by...
Want to use our images on your site? Right click on image for embed code