9. Find a hobby to help improve your mental health
Finding an activity that is completely separate from your work life and other traumatic experiences can be helpful in relieving your mind of stress, thus improving your mental health. A hobby is what pulls you away from the pressures and conflicts of the day.
It allows you to recharge and to refocus, when you do something that give you pleasure. We aren’t defined by our professions or even the situations that may cause us stress, a hobby is where we can find our center and re-balance again.
What to do:
- Choose a hobby that keeps you from thinking about topics that stress you out
- Choose to do something you have always wanted to learn
- Choose to make time for something you know you get enjoyment out of
- Invite friends to participate with you that you believe would it enjoy it as well
- Keep the activity completely absent of work/stress talk. Have fun!
Want to use our images on your site? Right click on image for embed code