10. Engage in positive self talk to help improve your mental health
Most of the time, the most positive and negative things you will hear about you will be what you say to yourself. Self talk is completely healthy and normal; the mind has continuous internal conversations with itself on the regular basis. Hearing your self talk ,when its directed at you, has a positive effect on your feelings.
If something is repeated enough, the mind over time will accept the repeated thing as a truth. Positive self talk is extremely helpful for improving mental health because many of the negative beliefs that we have about ourselves can be changed, not all “beliefs” are facts.
- Speak to yourself beginning the statement with “I“ or ”I am”
- Say positive things that you would want someone else to say to you
- Make a list of all the positive things you want to do in the future and say them out loud
- When a negative thought comes in, immediately challenge it with positive statements
- Make a daily practice of using positive self talk, at least 3 to 5 times a day
Want to use our images on your site? Right click on image for embed code